André is a detail-oriented software engineer with desire for a simple user experience and clean, organized code. He always strives to improve the product, and embrace efficiency from keyboard shortcuts to JIRA workflows to implementation.
iFit (1+ years)
- iOS (focused) and Android engineer.
- Part of the team that delivers iFit's Cardio app for mobile and built-in tablets using Xamarin and MVVM Cross.
- Architected and implemented a core webview framework for iFit. Later improved performance with a home-built webview preloader and cache.
- Spearheaded knowledge gathering and implementation of in-app dev-environment switching.
- Improved and refactored analytics to be sharable with other iFit apps.
- Incorporated native In-App-Purchases for iOS and Android into our cardio app.
- ...and much more!
Pandora (3 years)
- Architected and led the refactor to support Pandora Premium features in multiple automotive integrations. iOS lead for implementation.
- Delivered and maintained Pandora on CarPlay. Apple's developer point of contact.
- Redesigned iOS and Android Chromecast code to improve expandability and cleanliness.
- Influenced and developed beautiful new Chromecast UI with smooth animations.
- Migrated HTML5 app from Perforce code to Git and introduced git submodules.
- Designed and implemented a flexible version serving mechanism for our HTML5 app.
- Initiated a developer documentation refresh for all existing Automotive projects.
- Delivered "Now Trending" & Social Sharing features for new iPad Apple Store App.
- Abstractly coded Objective-C to render a server-driven native client experience.
- Implemented server-side Java code to support Trending and Social features.
Amazon Music (Internship)
- Android development for Amazon’s music applications.
- Owned layout support for Amazon’s (new) Kindle Fire HD 8.9”.
- Refactored UI layouts to share code across all three new Kindle Fires.